Monday, October 8, 2007

ES201 Immigration 10/8/07

Today American border patrol is facing a huge challenge; this is because lots of people want to come to America and work. Because they see what we call "the American Dream", they see a life of luxury, and one that is carefree. I believe that borders should be controlled because by letting in these immigrants it is making the cost of living go up for the people that already lie here. Not to mention these people who aren't American citizens don't pay taxes on their monies that they earn. So basically they are living here and working for free. I also think that if they are illegal that instead of shipping them back right away they should be made to work and have to pay their way back across the borders.

1 comment:

Soccer Mom said...

I sort of changed my opinion on Immigration, because all of our families got here some how and many immigrated illegally from Europe. So I believe that immigration is a good thing because the immigrants are taking jobs that the people that live here dont want. They are also working for less money than we as Americans would. So I think that some immigration is good for our economy!